Precision APERTURE and SLIT Masks
Towne Technologies' Precision Apertures and Slits are used in a wide variety of applications including Spectroscopes, Endoscopes, Leak Detectors, Lasers, and Many others. We produce OEM parts for many of the leading manufacturers of these devices.
· Custom manufactured with single or multiple openings.
ETCHED METAL Apertures and Slits
· Burr Free
· Materials include Molybdenum, Tungsten, Stainless Steel, Copper, BeCu, and others.
Thickness usually ranges
from .001" (25um)
to .020" (0.5mm), however the smallest aperture should be at least .001"
(25um) larger than the material thickness.
For example, a .004" (100um) aperture could be etched in metal
ranging from .001" to .003" (25 to 75 um)
For example, a .004" (100um) aperture could be etched in metal ranging from .001" to .003" (25 to 75 um)
· Finish: Black Chrome Plating (anti-reflective), Gold Plating, or Natural Metal.
ELECTROFORMED Apertures and Slits
(Bi-Metal or Solid Nickel.)
· Minimum Aperture .0006" (0.15mm)
Bi-Metal Mask Construction:
The aperture is
electroformed in Nickel onto one side of a piece of metal (usually copper or BeCu) .
Generally, the nickel thickness is about .0007" (18um).
. Generally, the nickel thickness is about .0007" (18um).
2. A larger relief hole is etched on the back side so that the nickel aperture is unobstructed.
3. The entire part is flashed with nickel.
4. The final step (if requested) is to plate both sides of the mask with Black Chrome.
|HOME||About Us||Chemical Etching||Electroforming||Iron Oxide Photoplates||Holographic Plates||Contact Us|